Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP = FAILURE DETECTION

2006-09-12 11:30:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Otis" <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

Wietse wrote:

I get mail that pretends to be from my bank. The SSP
says the mail is 100% pure non-forged. However, the
DKIM-BASE signing domain is not in my list of trusted
signing domains. I get a warning that this mail could be
sent by a party that I have no relationip with.

Hector wrote:

That's fine by me Wietse, but keep in mind that you mistaken by
continuing to use a magic wand to change an apple into an orange,
by using reputation is part of the total solution when in fact, it
is suppose to be out of scope in this WG.

Hector,

You have completely missed what was being said.  Where do you even
see the word reputation?

Semantics. Any predefined Trusted List, black or white, concept as Wietse
mentioned above, is a "reputation" concept.   It means you KNOW something
about them as oppose when you would not nearly 80% of the times which is
where most of the internet email problems lies with abusive malicious
anonymous (unknown) senders.