Re: [ietf-dkim] quick summary of Sep 21 jabber

2006-09-22 01:34:34

Doug,

Douglas Otis wrote:
Stephen,

I have attempted from several servers, but remain unable to connect to the chat group. I receive 502: Server Connect Failed when attempting to join dkim(_at_)jabber(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org from several of the listed servers offering group chat. I have not worked out what is needed to resolve this problem as of yet.

Keep trying. We're set for another session next week. You can
connect any time between now and then to check that you've sorted
out your problem.

It would have been better to have allowed an exchange regarding these topics.

Eh...that's exactly what did happen. You just weren't there.

> These discussions should  be handled on the list where a server
failure does not thwart what might be a meaningful exchange before a topic is closed.

Seems like jabber was ok before when you did take part, so I
don't see what's different this time.

As always, what's discussed in the jabber session is treated like
what happens face-to-face and has to be confirmed on the list. And
since you weren't part of the jabber session, questioning the
consensus from that is quite reasonable - just as it would be if
you weren't in the room at a face to face. (As it happens, for
the two issues concerned, there was a fairly unanimous reject
opinion in the jabber session, so you've your work cut out to
change that.)

Stephen.