ietf-dkim

Re: [ietf-dkim] Collection of use cases for SSP requirements

2006-11-13 14:14:37

Steve Atkins wrote:

The three I see mentioned are

  1. I sign all mail I send with DKIM.

  2. Someone else is sending mail with my domain in RFC822 From:

  3. I send no mail.

No. The use cases the WG is working on are documented in the
ssp-reqs draft. I hope you've read that. If not, please do so
and the comment on that text.

(Note that it doesn't matter whether your list above is right
or wrong. What matters is that there's already a list in the
ssp-reqs draft.)

Lastly, UI design issues are not particularly relevant for a
protocol where none of the current use cases have a warm body
attached. That was what I said was off-topic.

One of the most obvious useful uses for DKIM will be to combine DKIM
sender identity with a domain based whitelist in order to communicate
information about the message to the recipient.

Are you suggesting that this is off topic for discussion on this list?

I suggest you read the WG charter [1]. You'll notice a sentence
starting "Once the primary goals are met..."

Stephen.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dkim-charter.html