Re: [ietf-dkim] Collection of use cases for SSP requirements

2006-11-13 14:39:46
Steve Atkins wrote:

On Nov 13, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Steve Atkins wrote:

The three I see mentioned are
  1. I sign all mail I send with DKIM.
  2. Someone else is sending mail with my domain in RFC822 From:
  3. I send no mail.

No. The use cases the WG is working on are documented in the
ssp-reqs draft. I hope you've read that. If not, please do so
and the comment on that text.

(Note that it doesn't matter whether your list above is right
or wrong. What matters is that there's already a list in the
ssp-reqs draft.)

Well, I believe the list is wrong, however it isn't my list,
it's the list in dkim-ssp-requirements-02.

  4.1.  Problem Scenario 1: All Mail Signed with DKIM
  4.2.  Problem Scenario 2: Illegitimate Domain Name Use
  4.3.  Problem Scenario 3: Domain Sends No Mail

Perhaps you could read the draft, and clarify if I've misunderstood
something.
As the person who wrote 4.2, it definitely does not correspond to
your #2. I'm somewhat at a loss as to how you could have interpreted
it that way.

         Mike