Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

2007-03-14 18:10:32
Hector Santos:
This is exactly the same problem that the industry evolved to over the
past two decades and what has brought us together here.   The problem is
dealing with the legacy market of old SMTP systems and how the bad guys
use this to gain entry into systems.  If that wasn't the problem then we
would have FULL control of all anonymous transactions.

Indeed. The evolutionary approach does not work. It has saddled us
up with a series of legacy systems that we need to cope with.

Instead, we need to get things right the first time. Therefore we
need to discourage deployment until we have achieved the complete
and perfect solution.  After that point has been reached, the world
will be perfect forever and nothing will ever need to be changed.

        Wietse