RE: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

2007-03-12 12:14:53
Having spent a day reading through the draft from start to finish I think it is
hard to see how to untangle the two.

Policy is a major motivation behind a lot of what is in the overview.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Michael Thomas
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 1:57 PM
To: Wietse Venema
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

Wietse Venema wrote:
Tony Hansen:

However, I'd like to hear some discussion on the issue:
Should we put
out a version now (without the SSP references), or hold
off until SSP
is totally finished?

I would not wait with an Overview document until SSP is ready for
prime time. I would encourage deployment of DKIM-base now
so that we
can gain useful experience.

I sure hope that -overview is not looked upon as a necessary
ingredient for developing/deploying -base. Because I don't
think it is.

My preference is to wait and have one document that covers both.

       Mike