Re: [ietf-dkim] what is a standard, was errata revision: Assessor

2009-03-26 16:08:56
On 3/26/2009 11:41, Hector Santos wrote:

The question is whether DKIM is to replace any IP technology,
specifically SPF.

Anyway, the point is MOST SMTP vendors are in the business of provide
CHOICE not LIMITING it.

As an email systems administrator, I view DKIM as a potential addition to my
toolbox, not as a replacement for any/all of the tools already in my toolbox.

I see SPF and DKIM as complementary, not competing, technologies.  A site might
perform both SPF checks and DKIM signature verification, and configure their
systems to allow a verified DKIM signature to override a failed SPF check when
determining the disposition of an inbound message.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team