Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-11 04:15:19
On 5/11/09 7:51 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2009, Dave CROCKER wrote:

For l=, a MAY for signers produces a MUST for verifiers.

Why is that necessarily the case?

Right.  l= may simply be ignored and the signature considered invalid if
the message is different.  On the other hand, have we really spotted
valid use cases?  I was pondering cooperating DKIM senders and mailing
lists and the possible use of multipart/alternative, but that seems far
more complex than useful.