Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-10 02:31:25

Eliot Lear wrote:
On 5/9/09 2:01 AM, John Levine wrote:
with some editorial changes I guess. I've not seen anyone
suggest that we add features or remove a raft of features
or make other substantial changes.

I'm with Steve, I'd like to deprecate the useless stuff.

I like deprecating useless stuff, but before we do that I would like to
see broader implementation, and again, specifically in mailing list
managers, before we decide what is useless.

      "The simpler a spec is, the easier it is to develop, test and operate,
and the easier it is to explain to others. "

Deprecating what is non-essential facilitates adoption.  You can't facilitate
that adoption if you wait until there is more adoption.

Rather than cycling around on a conceptual point, try considering the specific
reasons given to deprecate each of the tags and see if there are
counter-arguments for why the tag is actually really important.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking