Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-11 01:08:57
On Sat, 9 May 2009, Dave CROCKER wrote:
     "The simpler a spec is, the easier it is to develop, test and
operate, and the easier it is to explain to others. "

Deprecating what is non-essential facilitates adoption.  You can't
facilitate that adoption if you wait until there is more adoption.

Rather than cycling around on a conceptual point, try considering the
specific reasons given to deprecate each of the tags and see if there
are counter-arguments for why the tag is actually really important.

For the sake of trying to find some compromise, can we do what we did with
the AUID/SDID debate and indicate which tags an implementation MUST
support and which ones it MAY support?