Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-10 09:37:18
Eliot Lear wrote:

On 5/10/09 8:28 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
Deprecating what is non-essential facilitates adoption.  You can't
facilitate that adoption if you wait until there is more adoption.

I agree.  Understanding what's non-essential requires time and
consideration of use cases, one of which I have mentioned.  We can talk
about tags in that context, but I would like mailing list manager
developers to be part of that conversation, since theres' is the biggest
unfilled gap.

We are mailing list software developer

    http://www.santronics.com/products/winserver/ListServe.php

and these tags are not whats keeping us from adding DKIM to it.  If
Dave thinks reducing DKIM is going to help the adoption issue, well,
that just goes to show how off base he has been on DKIM.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos