Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-19 17:19:57
On 05/19/2010 02:35 PM, J.D. Falk wrote:
On May 19, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:

On 05/19/2010 02:21 PM, J.D. Falk wrote:
On May 19, 2010, at 7:53 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:

+1. The current discussion was supposed to be about BCP. I agree with
Stephen with the caveat that if the group thinks re-opening ADSP
discussion is important then include it in the re-charter. Personally
I'd like to wait until we hear some numbers about ADSP deployment and
experience.

+1

Doesn't that sort of undermine the impetus to do a BCP on lists?
Most of the sticky questions about lists are intertwined with ADSP,
as evidenced by the recent messages here from paypal folks.

If writing the BCP reveals situations where ADSP makes DKIM difficult for
mailing lists, let's document it so that a future effort can work on fixing
it.  We shouldn't be trying to fix it within the BCP effort.

I'm not suggesting we fix anything, I just find it odd the juxtaposition of "no
adsp experience"
with "Let's do a BCP about lists". ADSP experience is a pretty important
component for the
"common practices" part of BCP because it's the source of lots of conflict, and
we frankly
don't have any common practices, best or otherwise. It seems that this would be
a whole lot
more interesting if the paypal folks could give a report about their experience
with the
way they're dealing with this when they're ready.

Mike