Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-22 12:47:37

On 5/20/2010 11:42 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:
From: John Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]

Entirely agreed.  As this point the only concrete datum I'm aware of
is that ADSP has been observed to break IETF mailing lists.  I would
want to see a lot more practical as opposed to hypothetical experience
before offering further advice.

That's ironic, I heard it the other way around.... that many mailing
lists break DKIM signatures and thus ADSP..... go figure<G>.

Well, I think both perspectives are valid and useful.  The "list breaks adsp"
is
perhaps the more intuitive view.

On the other hand, the purpose of a mailing list is to get a message delivered
to a set of recipients.  An ADSP record for a subscriber will break their
ability to get that mailing list message, which can reasonably be viewed as
breaking the mailing list...

When talking about tradeoffs, this sort of inverted perspective can be quite
helpful in understanding implications.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker