Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-20 17:38:06
On May 20, 2010, at 10:09 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:

If Brett or anyone else has data points that would impact the decision
as to whether the group sticks to a Lists BCP discussion based on
current practice/implementations or sets that aside to modify ADSP, now
is the time to present it.

A) I hear you and I'm working on making some confidential data publicly
available for the first time.  It's more than a notion to achieve, but I'm
working on it.  But if folks don't trust my anecdotal evidence/use case, why
would they trust my data?

B) I'm going to re-subscribe to this (and all outside-the-firewall mailing
lists) with a personal email address to avoid the current situation (of my
messages going to SPAM or the bit bucket due to the firm ADSP=discardable
policy on paypal.com and MLM's inability to sustain DKIM signatures in a form
receivers need to see it in order to verify the paypal.com signature).  It's a
temporary work-around and we are developing a long-term solution for our
employees that I'll write about once it's live so other ADSP=discardable
organization can learn from our experience.

C) I don't know if this list is the right place to discuss updating/expanding
ADSP, but it is absolutely related and important in the big picture.  That
said, I agree the BCP for MLM's is separate and needs to be published for the
world as it is today, or it won't be published for quite some time.

-- Brett