Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-05-26 12:18:23
On 05/26/2010 09:58 AM, Steve Atkins wrote:
On May 26, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Brett McDowell wrote:

I respectfully disagree with you.

We *were* a special case.  Soon we will not be a special case because ADSP
will enable all mailbox providers, if they choose, to do for others what
they have historically done for us.  That's the big win that only ADSP could
ever enable.

Apparently such an announcement is going to come as a surprise to many of
you on this list, but it shouldn't.  It's the logical conclusion of the ADSP
work.

I'm big on concrete examples. So how does your logical conclusion deal with
these two situations?

    $ host -t txt _adsp._domainkey.paypaI.me
    _adsp._domainkey.paypaI.me descriptive text "dkim=discardable"

    $ host -t txt _adsp._domainkey.paypal.com
    _adsp._domainkey.paypal.com descriptive text "dkim=discardable"

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? John is wrong: ADSP allows them to
get rid of the "special case" handling by Y! and G. This is hardly
controversial.

Mike