Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-05-26 12:03:50
On May 26, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Brett McDowell wrote:

I respectfully disagree with you.

We *were* a special case.  Soon we will not be a special case because ADSP
will enable all mailbox providers, if they choose, to do for others what they
have historically done for us.  That's the big win that only ADSP could ever
enable.

Apparently such an announcement is going to come as a surprise to many of you
on this list, but it shouldn't.  It's the logical conclusion of the ADSP work.

I'm big on concrete examples. So how does your logical conclusion deal with
these two situations?

   $ host -t txt _adsp._domainkey.paypaI.me
   _adsp._domainkey.paypaI.me descriptive text "dkim=discardable"

   $ host -t txt _adsp._domainkey.paypal.com
   _adsp._domainkey.paypal.com descriptive text "dkim=discardable"

Cheers,
 Steve

-- Brett