Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-06-02 10:49:41

On 6/2/2010 6:33 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:
It's really quite simple.

This is the crux of the disparity of views.

Those of use who note that none of this is simple worry about adoption and
success barriers, noting that new services have a long and problematic history
and that more efforts fail than succeed.

We also note that operational details often are far more complicated and/or
costly than designers anticipate.

In other words, as soon as the effort moves outside of a few people's minds,
nothing about this is simple.  (Well, given the track record of new protocols,
in general and security-related protocols in particular, I suppose it is simple
and reasonable to anticipate failure.)

d/
--

   Dave Crocker