Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP and Discardable (was Re: Lists "BCP" draft review)

2010-06-02 10:46:34

On 6/2/2010 8:08 AM, Al Iverson wrote:
Agree. "Discard" and "silently discard" mean the same thing, in my
opinion. Though, I am guilty of using the phrase "silently discard."
Maybe in an attempt to be slightly over-specific.

I do not recall seeing a dictionary or technical definition of "discard" that
says anything at all about whether the discarder says anything at all.

Taken on its own and without further technical specifications 'discard' does
not
direct, imply or request that the action be silent or noisy, and if noisy who
gets to hear it.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker