Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP and Discardable (was Re: Lists "BCP" draft review)

2010-06-02 12:02:23
Your English is fine.  "Discard" means throw away.

And, to "silently discard" is to discard without informing anyone. It means,
for example, that you don't also generate a bounce message, or a notification
to the recipient.

My guess is that the phrase "the domain encourages the recipient(s) to
discard it" is intended to refer to a silent discard.

I don't think any of us expected the recipient to send a notification.  I
certainly didn't, since the assumption would be that the message was
probably from a hostile sender.

R's,
John