Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-06-02 14:39:27

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Michael Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 3:07 PM
To: Steve Atkins
Cc: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong
Discussion

On 06/02/2010 11:41 AM, Steve Atkins wrote:
Fourth, as I mentioned above, even if all you said was valid,
registering thousands of domains in order to make ADSP sort-of work
against phishing isn't something that scales, either in terms of
domain
name system nor the expense. If ADSP requires users to spend tend of
thousands of dollars a year to maintain domain registrations in order
for
it to have a significant effect on phishing then it's not something
that's
really going to scale to more than a handful of senders.

I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of money that Paypay -- and lots of
other domains --
have this practice regardless, and preceding ADSP. ADSP use
supplements
that current
best practice for phishing target domains. Which is sort of the point.

Mike

Thousands of domains registered and counting. Been doing it well before
ADSP and view it as only one of the things that owners of abused domains
do.

Mike