Re: [ietf-dkim] the danger of ADSP, was list vs contributor

2010-06-02 16:47:14
On 06/02/2010 02:11 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
The basic problem with ADSP is that we shipped an untested prototype, and
at this point the only way to test it is to try experiments and hope they
don't do too much damage before we have a chance to tweak and mitigate the
problems.  I appreciate that Paypal's intentions are entirely virtuous,
and that you deal with problems pretty quickly for a large organization.

This is the list's fault pure and simple. It's subscriber heuristics --
and please do not tell me they are anything but -- failed. While we
shouldn't expect much from mailing list operators and/or developers, we are
most certainly under no obligation to route around their buggy software
as if it were sacrosanct. This is a two way street.

Instead of kvetching about ADSP, you might tell the list owners that their
list software heuristics are broken.

Mike