Re: [ietf-dkim] RFC4871 5322.From Binding - Proposal to relax it.

2010-09-17 15:40:28
On Sep 16, 2010, at 5:58 AM, <Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com>
<Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com> wrote:

we can discuss it for the very reason you pointed out, people want to
use/sell 3rd party signing, so lets discuss a policy and write it up. I know
my company wants one and I suspect a few others might as well.  I know that
some folks fought very hard to keep it out originally but as I pointed out
then, its time will come

One of the original intentions behind publishing ADSP with only author domains
was that we'd try that for a while, and then hopefully understand the
ramifications well enough to devise a protocol that can handle non-author
(non-From:) domains.

Since that hasn't happened yet, is there another approach we could try for
gaining this understanding?