Re: [ietf-dkim] Who signs what

2010-09-16 11:18:51
John R. Levine wrote:
here was a (hard won) consensus that a signature by the owner/admin of a
domain carries more weight than the signature of a 3rd party because the
owner/admin of the domain controls the domain and the 3rd party doesn't.

That's not my recollection, but whatever.

Sounds like more of a marketing issue than a technical issue to me.

Indeed.  If the owner is myobscurelittledomain.com and the signature is
from yahoo.com, I know which one I'm likely to pay more attention to.

myobscurelittledomain.com, right? As Miles said in the past, Yahoo would
always have sort of middling reputation.

Mike