Re: [ietf-dkim] Who signs what

2010-09-16 12:34:16
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John R. Levine
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:20 AM
To: Bill Oxley @ Cox
Cc: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Who signs what

If anyone thinks there is value in A publishing a statement that they like
it when B signs mail which has A on the From: line, write up an I-D.
Personally, I don't see any value, since I'll develop my opinion about B's
signatures regardless of what A says about them, but I suppose I might be
missing something.

I'm at the point where I'm willing to create this capability in OpenDKIM as an
optional feature for people to try just because so many people think this is
important.  We can run the experiment for a while and report back, though
getting enough results to be meaningful may take months.  Then we'll know if
there's value to the effort, or whether it yields nothing, or even if nobody
really uses it once it's out there.  One way or another, we can put the debate
to rest.

I'm not going to let this derail efforts toward finding some DKIM-based name
evaluation (reputation), however, just so you all know where the priority is.