Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-16 12:31:51
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I'm worried about that third sentence.  If people are encouraged not
to sign Subject:, for example, which is a popular display header field,
one could spamify that field and re-send the message.

If you subscribe to the idea that a DKIM signature reflects a
domain taking some responsibility for a message, I'd have a hard
time not signing Subject: (or From:) for any reason.

+1,  but nonetheless, it isn't a required header to be hash bound to
the signature so there isn't much we can do about that but preach it
and in software, make it a default header among the list of headers to
be signed.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com