Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-vesely-dkim-joint-sigs

2010-09-24 13:01:36
On Thursday, September 23, 2010 03:16:53 pm John R. Levine wrote:
Ian, this makes no sense to me. If a signing domain is concerned enough
to choose to implement ADSP, why would they reduce what they are signing
to accommodate a small percentage of their mail going to MLMs that they
may or may not be able to identify?

I'm with you.  All of this emphasis on complex designs for MLMs strikes me
as a waste of time, since it's a tiny corner of the mail space that has
not historically been a vector for abuse, and shows no sign of becoming
one.

That's why my advice is that lists should sign their mail, which is easy
and at worst harmless, and we're done.

R's,
John

In that case, we should just say we're done.  I see zero value in a document
that says people should sign mail.

Scott K