Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-14 15:05:00
On Oct 13, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Mark Delany wrote:

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 04:09:34PM -0400, MH Michael Hammer (5304) allegedly
wrote:

Having said that, if an MUA is going to present an indication of
"DKIM PASS" to the enduser, then a reasonable person would expect
some relationship between what is "passed" and what is presented to
the enduser.

That makes sense. And at least one MUA already renders DKIM verified
mail differently. I would think such an MUA could take the additional
step of rendering verified payload differently too.

I know we're not in the MUA business, but if DKIM makes no difference
to what an end-user finally sees, then it serves a very limited
purpose indeed.

I'm looking forward to a draft on MUA considerations for DKIM.  With all these
opinions on the matter being expressed so adamantly, somebody must have already
started one...right?