Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-13 17:23:23

On Oct 13, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Mark Delany wrote:

It strikes me that a DKIM verifier is already well into the business
of 2822 semantics as it knows about headers, header labels,
continuation syntax, header/body boundaries and so on.

In that light, taking an additional step wrt duplicate headers (or
malformed 2822 in general) is still in the same layer as the verifier.

I'm a little leery about going that far conceptually, but I'm happy with
"any piece of code that verifies DKIM should do some basic 822
sanity checking too".

Cheers,
  Steve