Re: [ietf-dkim] layer violations, was detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-15 11:50:36
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Charles
Lindsey
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 6:58 AM
To: DKIM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] layer violations, was detecting header mutations
after signing

Which module does which bit of the counting/DKIM/ADSP is a minor
implemention detail. Any DKIM verifier MUST be associated with a counting
mechanism, and whether this is done within itself or by some other module
within the overall MTA is neither here nor there.

This continues to conflate specification with implementation.  You're talking
about the latter, I'm talking about the former.

And ADSP also needs to make it clear which From header it needs to look
at; and until that is fixed we MUST assume that it will look at
whichever
 From header gives the worst outcome.

The current effort has everything to do with moving DKIM to draft standard, and
nothing at all to do with handling ADSP issues.