Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: 3.6.2.1 - Working with other TXT records

2010-10-15 14:11:23

On 10/15/2010 2:46 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:
I'm not sure whether wildcard records is relevant to the spec - that's
more of a "development, deployment and operations" issue, I think.

The degree to which a processing environment is expected to be "pure" versus
potentially "noisy" might well come into play during the specification phase.
For example, it might be why a distinguishing label gets added.

In this case, we've gone to some lengths to make the environment pure, by using
the underscore branch.  And then along come these pesky wildcards.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking