Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was Output

2011-05-09 15:10:36
Oddly, I'm finding myself coming to believe that its use within a coordinated
template for mediators might actually being helpful.  This assumes, of course,
that the template can be specified and gain consensus, and that signers,
verifiers and mediators all are willing to implement it.  Hence, this path
involves significant effort.

One could argue that it's cleaner to drop it now and explore re-introducing it
in the effort to develop that template.

This makes sense, but I suspect it's better to design it and use a new
tag with the semantics you need rather than to try to recycle l=

R's,
John