Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Scouts, was 8bit downgrades

2011-05-26 08:04:21

On 26 May 2011, at 12:46, Hector Santos wrote:

In principle, passthru mail should not be tampered, but MLM list mail are the
industry accepted exception to this non-tampering tradition and today (at
least in the USA), it is CAN-SPAM legal requirement to have a viewable
OPT-OUT text shown to the user to satisfy the CAN-SPAM "capitalistic" legal
right provided to the VENDOR to due business with users.

Yes, and are similar requirements across the European Union. In the UK, the
phrase is "easy to use". That's not the case if the user interface doesn't
obviously expose it.

Still, we're straying off topic here, I guess.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex