Re: candidate MASS charter

2004-09-24 15:54:44

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David Mayne wrote:

It seems that such existing material didn't help with the issues in
MARID. I'm not wanting/suggesting  control of people's behavior either,
but is  explicitly stating a requirement that output of the group should
meet certain guidelines to be considered satisfactory be out of order ?

I have to agree with this. I was very disappointed to see MARID fail
in big part due to impoper use of patents by one particular company
with very big ego. This is not healthy attitude for creating internet
standard and we should be clear that what we work on will be free
and that everyone can use it. If this turns away some companies from
this group, than we're better off because otherwise we'd be have this
canceer that can grow and kill the group's effort in the future.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks