Re: candidate MASS charter

2004-09-27 09:51:23

On Sep 25, 2004, at 12:44 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

That is tempting to add to the charter, yes, but I would like to
very strongly encourage folks not to think in terms of
game-playing or subtleties for an IETF working group charter.

I think putting this in the charter is a sure-fire way of getting people to take aim at the charter and shooting down the wg proposal.

How about making the first milestone a working group decision on IPR? As in, the wg is to decide either no licensed IPR, or licensed IPR compatible with an explicit list of software licenses, or any licensed IPR.

-andy