Re: Yahoo!'s DomainKeys and Cisco's IIM have merged

2005-06-02 16:46:57

Hector Santos wrote:
 What I am afraid is how this common spec and its possible exclusive nature
might define how SMTP behaves to the extent that it is more than just the
protocol itself by the framework.

I don't understand what you mean by "exclusive". I don't
think that anybody's under the illusion that this is some
sort of silver bullet if that's what you mean.

I agree 100% with the merging of IIM/DK, the concern from my standpoint it
show it will fit into the SMTP process and how SMTP vendors will address the
non-IIM/DK market place.  If a system still needs to use other protocols,
then IIM/DK needs to be compliant with these other methods as well.

I don't think that DK or IIM interfered with the use of other
protocols -- and DKIM won't be any different in that respect.
I'm a fan of the cocktail approach to anti-spam/anti-phishing
for what it's worth.

                Mike