Re: Yahoo!'s DomainKeys and Cisco's IIM have merged

2005-06-03 04:52:35

On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:54 PM, wayne wrote:

It is my understanding that the DK patent license is not compatible
with the GPL, and thus runs into similar problems as the MARID
protocol with integration of several popular MTAs.  I confess that I
have not looked into the details of the DK license as closely as the
MARID protocol license.

There is at least one MTA author who has outright stated that the DK license is not compatible with the GPL. And while many people have stated that the DK license is open source compatible, I'm not sure any of them are from the open source community.

The DK license may be open source compatible, but for this to be an acceptable statement more information is needed.

-andy