RE: List of expected changes for sieve 05 draft - Forward

1998-11-11 11:24:32
Wilbert de Graaf says...

Furthermore, I also would like to see a copy-forward action: instead of
forwarding, deliver the message and send a copy to the specified address.

There's nothing wrong with using "forward" and "fileinto" (or "keep")
together to accomplish this.  I do that in my sieve script:

} elseif  envelopesender :contains :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" [...]  {
    forward "ultimail(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com";
    fileinto "Lists";
} ...

In fact, our implementation will do "keep" in addition to any "forward";
if you want to forward and discard, you must explicitly do it:

} elseif  envelopesender :contains :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" ["xagentft"]  {
  if header ["subject"] :contains :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" ["sent to your
workstation"] {
    forward "leiba(_at_)aspen(_dot_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com";
    discard;
  } else {
    keep;
  }
} ...

(BTW, I find it *much* more useful to use "envelopesender" than to use
the document header fields.  Suppose I'm subscribed to the IMAP, ACAP,
IMAPEXT, and MTA-FILTERS mailing lists, and someone posts something to
all of them.  With "envelopesender" I can sort the four copies into their
respective folders.  Without it, there's no way to do that.)

Barry Leiba, Multimedia Messaging   (leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba