Re: List of expected changes for sieve 05 draft - Forward

1998-11-11 14:58:06
Barry Leiba wrote:

Alexey...

(I keep both headers and body of the message in the same file, so I am not
delighted with the idea of copying [potentially large] message on delivery
just
to add Resent-* flags).

You have to add a "received" line anyway, if you do it right.  You can just
write the "resent-*" lines after the "received" line, and then pipe the rest
of the message through.

I add received lines *before* receiving message content. Then I perform some
delivery
actions on fully received message.

Don't understand me wrong : I am not arguing that my implementation is the best
(because it isn't :-)). I just concerned about the speed of delivery in my
implementation.

So I think that adding Resent-* fields should be SHOULD, not MUST.

In any case, I agree with this.

Barry Leiba, Multimedia Messaging   (leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba

I don't mind to have different "forward" and "resent", as proposed by  Alan
Stebbens.

Cheers,
Alexey Melnikov
SMTP/POP3/IMAP4/ACAP servers creation team

Epsylon Technologies, Russia
 http://www.taxxi.com

Imap Development Kit (my own product)
http://194.87.43.111/homerus/mail/idk/index.htm

Fax (in San Diego, California): 1 (619) 8393837