Re: mostly open issues

1998-11-12 07:38:42
-----Original Message-----
From: Alan K. Stebbens <aks(_at_)nowhere(_dot_)software(_dot_)com>
To: Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)Qualcomm(_dot_)Com>; Tim Showalter
<tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>; ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
<ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Date: den 12 november 1998 12:05
Subject: RE: mostly open issues

What is the issue with a "resend" action?  I do not think these definitions
will confuse users:

Resend -- insert "Resent-" headers and then forward.
Forward -- forward the message (without modification).

Given these definitions, users have a clear choice of behaviour.

I tend to agree with you, Alan.
There is another twist on this. I venture to say that a Sieve implementation
MAY choose to forward a message using MIME encapsulation. In such a case
resent headers MUST NOT be inserted. This should be enough for seriously
considering Alan's suggestion.

Tomas