Re: Sieve Vacation and draft-moore-auto-email-response-04

2003-10-29 17:01:53

Rob Siemborski wrote:
I suspect that this can be done with a simple :from parameter added to the
vacation command.

Makes sense.  So it would look like this:

        :from "Jane Random <jrandom(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>"
or this
        :from "jrandom(_at_)domain(_dot_)com (Jane Random)"

We've had requests for :from, too, independent of Keith's draft.

The example is accurate.  And we've recieved similar reuqests.

This makes sense to me, and I'll make sure it's in the next version. I haven't read Keith's document so I'll double-check and make sure it's what we want.

I'm wondering if :from should be name, address, or both. It might even make sense to override the :addresses parameter. Obviously the implementation doesn't know the correct address or you wouldn't need to use :from; perhaps vacation should use the first (or only) argument to :addresses. (I'm not sure if it SHOULD, MUST, or MAY; I am inclined to think it may be preferable to what vacation "knows".)

Tim