Re: Sieve Vacation and draft-moore-auto-email-response-04

2003-10-30 12:19:37
On Thursday 30 October 2003 17:46, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
<snip>
vacation :from "José <jose(_at_)example(_dot_)com>" "I'm away";

vacation :from :mime "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= <jose(_at_)example(_dot_)com>"
"I'm away";
<snip>

Nah, violates a SHOULD in rfc 3028/2.6.2:

   A tagged argument is an argument for a command that begins with ":"
   followed by a tag naming the argument, such as ":contains".  This
   argument means that zero or more of the next tokens have some
   particular meaning depending on the argument.
-> These next tokens may
   be numbers or strings but they are never blocks.

[...]

-> To simplify this specification, tagged arguments SHOULD NOT take
   tagged arguments as arguments.

OTOH, since vacation has an overall :mime parameter, I think it should
affect both :from and the text.

Marc

--
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty   -- Thomas Jefferson