Re: Responses to comments on draft-ietf-sieve-editheader-00.txt

2005-05-04 04:17:51

Mark E. Mallett writes (about replaceheader)
To me, it's "pick your evil." One adds to the proliferation of extensions, and separates things that really should be together. The other delays the standardization of 2/3 of those things.

I think that view is too optimisic. I think the other _prevents_, etc.

If we repeat the 2003 discussion now, what will that change? AFAICT, nothing. I can't think of anything that has changed in the past two years, so we'll just spend a few months, arrive at the same conclusion as last time, and the draft will be x more months delayed.

Arnt