Re: Spam blowback from Sieve implementations.

2006-11-29 05:35:06

Barry Leiba wrote:

What I think we should do is simply recognize that a protocol level
reject is a useful feature missing from SIEVE, and allowing a user or
implementation to control whether they do that or issue an MDN is a
good thing.

I think that's what we're doing... except that I *DO* think we should advise about the drawbacks of sending MDNs. Maybe it's not our job, but we bought it by getting stuck in this spot.

Indeed. There is already some text on applicability of the "reject" action in editors' copy of -05.