Re: Draft Charter

2004-03-16 14:02:01

wayne wrote:
In <p0602040bbc7d01fa3771(_at_)[205(_dot_)214(_dot_)163(_dot_)49]> Ted Hardie
<hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> writes:

A number of folks have raised issues with this section of the charter;
I guess one other comment: I believe that all LMAP proposals can do
their work inside the MTA during the transaction, but they could also
do their work later on in, say, a spam filter or the MUA.

The charter states "This working group  will develop a DNS-based
mechanism for storing and distributing information associated with that
authorization". If we limit the scope of the charter to the mechanism for storing the data as opposed to how it is applied, we can avoid restricting the use of data only at MTA level and not MUA.

We need to give people leaway on how the data is applied. The current draft charter seems to me to focus only on how the data is stored and distributed, not on how it is applied which might be something left to the implementors.

All of this is my personal opinion of course.

Yakov