Re: Why we should choose the RFC2821 MAIL FROM/HELO identities

2004-03-19 02:10:01

Wayne >
Ok, we are supposed to be discussing the identities with which MTA
authorization should be associated with.
*** I think the identities that we should consider are the RFC2821
*** MAIL FROM and HELO domains names.

I agree that the *first* push should be at these identities, since this is
the stuff claimed by the MTA. And that's what we're about right?
Authorizing MTAs. This is not to say that names used in (2822)headers
aren't a concern, but it's primarily a concern in MUA. I don't have a
strong philosophical objection to server MTA components doing tests on
content, but it's not the client MTA that asserts identities in
(2822)headers.