Re: sender vs author, channel vs object, designated sender vs crypto signatures

2004-03-18 20:19:00

Meng,

MWW> (For people who were not at the BOF, widespread outbreaks of agreement
MWW> like this are now called the Dave Crocker Lovefest Effect. :)

even when they do not involve me, perhaps?  egad, that would make me a
generic brand...

MWW> I wanted to focus on these two items because they are facts that exist
MWW> in the field; we can have endless debates about different identity roles
MWW> but the fact is there is RFC2821 MAIL FROM and there are RFC2822 From:
MWW> and Sender: and Resent-From and Resent-Sender

There is also the domain identity asserted in EHLO.

MWW> Does anybody not agree that designated sender is the best way to combat
MWW> RFC2821 MAIL FROM forgery?  Show of hands please ...

You keep trying to debate schemes, when we are not there yet.

The charter calls for debating choice of identity.

So let's try to follow the plan.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>