Re: sender vs author, channel vs object, designated sender vs crypto signatures

2004-03-18 08:50:19

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:46:00AM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| In short, I believe that the solution domain of designated sender
| schemes matches the problem domain of sender authentication, and that
| the solution domain of crytographic signatures matches the problem
| domain of author authentication.

OK, let me rephrase.

I believe that the solution domain of designated sender schemes matches
the problem domain of RFC2821 MAIL FROM authentication, and that the
solution domain of crytographic signatures matches the problem domain of
RFC2822 header From: authentication.