Re: sender vs author, channel vs object, designated sender vs crypto signatures

2004-03-18 09:12:48

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:01:19AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:

| Using Mail From to authenticate a role involved with authorship or
| posting (initial sending) will break those legitimate uses and will
| remove an important capability from Internet mail.

I'm not sure what point you're making.  Are you saying that the RFC2821
MAIL FROM should not be the subject of autentication at all?

If that is not what you are saying, then we are talking at cross
purposes.  In my first post in this thread, I explicitly dissociated the
concept of authorship from the MAIL FROM, so we are not in disagreement.