Re: sender vs author, channel vs object, designated sender vs crypto signatures

2004-03-18 08:00:58

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:46:00AM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| I would like to get a sense of whether my belief is generally shared by
| this WG.

Specifically, I would like to get a show of hands, so I can see how
things break down along these lines:

- yes, I agree with the described matchup of problem to solution domain.

- no, I think designated sender should work for author information also.

- mu, I disagree with your dichotomy and reject the question.

- blort, I don't care about your dichotomy and will use this as a
  launching point for my totally new, off-topic proposal that involves a
  complicated next-generation protocol that rotates micropayments and
  challenge-response systems through the fourth dimension and uses an
  EBCDIC encoding for UTF8 and stops all spam as we know it as long as
  spammers play by my rules and everybody upgrades to IPv8-aware MTAs.
  :)