RE: Why we should choose the RFC2821 MAIL FROM/HELO identities

2004-03-31 14:41:31

I have, both publicly and privately:  There would need to be a means to
securely update the relevant DNS records.  There would also need to be a
means to prove mobile identity prior to the update.  I have knowledge of
working code based on WAVEsec (http://www.wavesec.org) and DNSSEC that
provides this functionality.

I seem to recall Ted suggesting the same thing in response to Dave.

Nobody is arguing against the proposal you make, in fact if you read my
response in the 'limited scope' thread you will see that I suggest that
there is a case for a DMP like configuration precisely because of the
issue you raise.

Sorry if I misunderstood your argument here, you interjected into a
rebuttal of Dave Crocker who does not seem to be at all content with
the solution you propose.

                Phill